It is the purpose of Gila River Indian Community's Environmental Health Services to assist in the protection of the community's health through the prevention and control of environmentally related communicable diseases and through the minimization of exposure to environmental health hazards.
We are committed to...
1.Assess the community's environmental health needs and to develop quality, science-based, and culturally sensitive programs in response to these needs.
2.Monitor the community's environmental health status and to improve existing services based on changing conditions.
3.Provide accurate information and quality educational outreach programs to the community.
4.Advocate the principles and values of public health.
5.Responsible and professional enforcement of public health regulations.
6.Professional conduct that inspires excellence in communication, problem solving, cooperation, teamwork, and public health service.
7.Make a positive difference within the community through coordination and collaboration with the public, industry and service organizations.
10 Essential Environmental Health Services:
1. Monitor health status or critical factors to identify community environmental health and protection related problems.
2. Diagnose and investigate environmentally related health problems and environmental health and protection hazards
in the community.
3. Inform, educate, and empower people about environmental health and protection issues.
4. Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve environmental health and protection issues.
5. Develop policies and plans that support individual and community environmental health and protection efforts.
6. Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
7. Link people to needed services and assure that provision of environmental health and protection services when otherwise not available.
8. Assure a competent environmental health and protection workforce.
9. Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of environmental health and protection services.
10. Research for new insights and innovative solutions to environmental health and protection problems.
Contact Information or Request E.H.S Services:
Phone Number: 520-562-5100
Address: P. O. Box 147
433 W. Seed Farm Road
Sacaton, AZ 85247
Fax Number: 520-562-5197
|< Prev||Next >|